Last modified: September 20th, 2021
We may change this policy may change from time to time. Changes that affect your rights or our responsibilities will also be provided through other notification methods, which may include on-site popups or email notifications. You should check this page from time to time to note any changes.
Scope of Policy
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. Please refer to the privacy policies of those entities or services for information regarding how your data is managed.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://highwoodglobal.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What Are Cookies and Web Beacons And How We Use Them
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they use the data for their own purposes or on behalf of others. Please consult the respective privacy policies and statements of such third parties for more information.
Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information when you use the Website, use our Service, or otherwise communicate with us via the Website, Service or other means (e.g. email). Personal Information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Name and contact information such as e-mail address and phone number;
- IP-address and other online identifiers;
- Information you provide via fillable forms or text boxes;
- Information regarding the device you are using, comprising the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information, IP address, and/or Service information;
- Information about all of your interactions with the Website or Service (“Usage Data”) and how the Website or Service is performing (“Analytics Data”); and
- Information gathered through cookies, pixel tags, logs, or other similar technologies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide our Services to you as you have requested and consented to,
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us and consent to;
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How We Collect This Information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners. The services we use include:
- Google Analytics
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Information We May Hold as a GDPR Data Collector
We meet the definition of a Data Collector under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. As such, we may hold personally identifiable information and the users whose data we hold maintain their rights under the GDPR. Specifically:
- Right of access
- Right to recertification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls;
- Emails are retrieved through a fully-encrypted connection;
- All communication between is protected using AES 168, 256-bit encryption and exchange mechanisms based on elliptic cryptography;
- Encryption: Any payment transactions and email data will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website beyond the responsibility required by law.
Your Choice To Control Your Personal Data
Users of our Website maintain their rights under the GDPR:
- Right to Access: Customers have the right to know what personal data about them is being collected and to ensure that such personal data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which it is being collected. Upon reasonable request, customers with stored data may access their personal data in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. Customers may edit or retrieve their personal data by either logging on to their user account or by contacting our company via by email at email@example.com. In making modifications to your personal data, you must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. To request erasure of personal data, customers should submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that any of your personal data be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Service to the extent Services cannot be reasonably provided without that information.
- Requests for Personal Data: We will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the personal data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from the customer.
- Satisfying Requests for Access, Modifications, and Corrections: We will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate personal data.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications with Company and Third Party Advertisers. We will always ask you if you wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services. All communication will only be sent if you opt-in to receive such communications. If you have elected to receive communications but no longer wish to receive communications, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe link present in the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.